We could not but feel helpless. And dispirited. Out of the silence between us, we eventually got around to weighing what next we should do.
There was no agreement at first. Rumble wanted to leave immediately. Before anything else he argued that we must contact Merlin. I could agree that we needed Merlin but argued other things needed to happen first.
But my friend was really sensing the need for action now. And wanted to return to Nonin-gal-dith and check into the High Fairy’s residence for his means of communication with the wizard.
I was not not feeling the same urgency. In fact, my pendants were not spurring me on to do anything. I proposed that our first need was to link up with Dunfallon and Navril. And the best way to do that was to stay put and wait for them to come to us.
Rumble countered with the thought – what if they had been here already? I answered that I could visualize where that could have happened – and I was certain that Dunfallon would have indeed set off again – but not without leaving word about their intentions.
Besides I added we needed to come together and no longer be splintered.
My friend then agreed to wait one more day for our missing pixie and elf. So we took refuge up in the most secure place in the repository.
And a good thing we did.