Merlin and I hashed out a plan to keep us informed about any problems that could arise if the Frost Fairies were to mount attacks in our absence from the mainland. So, when Dunfallon came on deck this morning, I filled him in about the plan.
Upon the return of Gibley and Noralei – the greetings were barely out of the way before the pixie enlisted the goblin and the dragon to carry out our plan. Merlin handed over the High Fairy’s scroll to them to deliver to the Sprites. I judged them the best candidates to give us any warnings about the actions of the former Faerie Queen’s minions. (Merlin told the pixie that Emminie should be prepared to surrender the scroll to the new High Fairy whenever he is named).
We were then going to set sail until Noralei gave us the news from the canyonlands. Their mission there had been just in time. It took some convincing on Gibley’s part to gain his uncle’s compliance. All the goblins’ dragons were fitted with the ear shields with the exception of one. The young one – Clemjil had been resisting, when a frenzied demeanor overtook its being and he streaked away from the canyonlands- evidently called away by the Crack of Doom.
We met this news with a sigh of relief that the majority of the dragons were saved – and with sadness that another had been lost.
Merlin decided that we no longer needed to depart today, but we now had the luxury to wait for the return of our friends from their mission, rather than chancing their catching up to us at sea.