Day Four Hundred Twenty Eight #DiaryoftheEndoftheWorld

Before Elijah and I left camp this morning we settled in our minds and spirits what our course of action would be if refused entry into the city. I thought through some additional contingencies, chief of which was the possibility of our separation, which indeed was what they attempted to do.

We had checked the harbor for our ship prior to making our appearance at the open gate. Knowing that our ship had not arrived was key to our response to their dictum.

So when the guard of yesterday informed us that only Elijah would be allowed entry, we declined the offer and left.

However, we do plan to remain in the vicinity for the immediate future.

Be patient always.

Day Three Hundred Sixty One #DiaryoftheEndoftheWorld

Clear weather has made for good sailing. Hence the Captain believes we may even gain a day, if it continues.

The clear skies also made for good visibility in all directions, though as we learned the main focus had been directed towards our front. That is the most likely reason why the lookout had not noticed the ship shadowing our movements astern until late this afternoon.

The Captain estimates that it should have been sighted this morning.

After reprimanding all of the lookouts, he met with Tomas and the Purser as to their responsibilities in various contingencies.

The question of the hour remains, friend or foe? We will press on and await developments.

The Captain has asked for Elijah’s counsel.